The Dental Amigos had an awesome discussion with Dr. Richard Low on a variety of topics that affect new dentists. Dr. Richard Low is a 2015 graduate from Midwestern University Dental School in Glendale, Arizona who completed an AEGD residency with the US Army and is the co-host of the very popular Shared Practices Podcast. In this episode, Rob and Paul talk with Richard about how the military can help a dentist manage debt and receive amazing post-dental school training. Richard shares his observations as to why chairside clinical mentorship and literal clinical hand-holding as a dentist out of school is so important for a dentist’s career. Dr. Nacho and Richard banter about WHY dentists need to have sounding boards to figure out “is this normal?” on a daily basis. Rob and Richard also chat about the difference between asking Facebook friends for advice (which is great) versus professional advisors (which is critical) on “big deal” life choices like buying or starting a dental practice.
- Episode 28 – Drew Byrnes on “Keeping the Faith” with a Fee-for-Service Business Model
- Episode 27 – Jayme Amos on “Vision” and Fulfillment in Start-up Practices (Part of the Dentist Well-Being Series)
- Episode 26 – The Dental Amigos Talk About Seller Financing
- Episode 25 – Dr. Erin Elliott on Implementing Sleep Medicine in a Dental Practice and More
- Episode 24 – Dr. Desiree Yazdan on Authentic Social Media Marketing and the Stresses of Dental Practice Ownership
- Episode 23 – Dr. David Maconi on General Practice Residencies
- Episode 22 – War Stories from the DSO Front with Justin Weaver, Esquire
- Episode 21 – Dental Marketing with the Wonderist Agency (Laura Maly and Michael Anderson)
- Episode 20 – The Dental Amigos on Associate Evaluations
- Episode 19 – Jonathan VanHorn, CPA – Buy a House or Dental Practice First? Purchase or Lease Dental Real Estate?
- Episode 18 – The Dental Amigos on Case Acceptance Challenges in Practice Transitions
- Episode 17 – David Harris on Employee Theft and Fraud in Dental Offices
- Episode 16 – The Dental Amigos Talk Multi-Practice Ownership
- Episode 15 – Lisa Mergens on Dentist Leadership and Office Culture
- Episode 14 – Dr. Richard Low on Military AEGDs and “Is this normal?”