The Dental Amigos had an awesome discussion with Dr. Richard Low on a variety of topics that affect new dentists. Dr. Richard Low is a 2015 graduate from Midwestern University Dental School in Glendale, Arizona who completed an AEGD residency with the US Army and is the co-host of the very popular Shared Practices Podcast. In this episode, Rob and Paul talk with Richard about how the military can help a dentist manage debt and receive amazing post-dental school training. Richard shares his observations as to why chairside clinical mentorship and literal clinical hand-holding as a dentist out of school is so important for a dentist’s career. Dr. Nacho and Richard banter about WHY dentists need to have sounding boards to figure out “is this normal?” on a daily basis. Rob and Richard also chat about the difference between asking Facebook friends for advice (which is great) versus professional advisors (which is critical) on “big deal” life choices like buying or starting a dental practice.
- Episode 20 – The Dental Amigos on Associate Evaluations
- Episode 19 – Jonathan VanHorn, CPA – Buy a House or Dental Practice First? Purchase or Lease Dental Real Estate?
- Episode 18 – The Dental Amigos on Case Acceptance Challenges in Practice Transitions
- Episode 17 – David Harris on Employee Theft and Fraud in Dental Offices
- Episode 16 – The Dental Amigos Talk Multi-Practice Ownership
- Episode 15 – Lisa Mergens on Dentist Leadership and Office Culture
- Episode 14 – Dr. Richard Low on Military AEGDs and “Is this normal?”
- Episode 13 – Dr. James Roman on Financing Dental Implant Cases
- Episode 12 -Gary Takacs on The Profitability Crisis in Dentistry
- Episode 11 – Tips on Tracking Associate Compensation
- Episode 10 – New Dentist Boost Camp Debrief
- Episode 9 – Dr. Mark Costes on What it’s Like to Own Multiple Practices (and More)
- Episode 8 – Reese Harper on Financial Planning (and more) for Dentists
- Episode 7- Top 5 Things to look out for with Buy-ins
- Episode 6 – Defining success in dentistry with amigo Stephen Trutter