The Dental Amigos had an awesome discussion with Dr. Richard Low on a variety of topics that affect new dentists. Dr. Richard Low is a 2015 graduate from Midwestern University Dental School in Glendale, Arizona who completed an AEGD residency with the US Army and is the co-host of the very popular Shared Practices Podcast. In this episode, Rob and Paul talk with Richard about how the military can help a dentist manage debt and receive amazing post-dental school training. Richard shares his observations as to why chairside clinical mentorship and literal clinical hand-holding as a dentist out of school is so important for a dentist’s career. Dr. Nacho and Richard banter about WHY dentists need to have sounding boards to figure out “is this normal?” on a daily basis. Rob and Richard also chat about the difference between asking Facebook friends for advice (which is great) versus professional advisors (which is critical) on “big deal” life choices like buying or starting a dental practice.
- Episode 37- Brian Madden on How to Save Money on Dental Office Lease Renewals
- Episode 36 – The Nacho Plate of Paul Goodman
- Episode 35 – Linda Harvey on Risk Management and Compliance (including HIPAA and OSHA)
- Episode 34 – Dr. Tyler Bond on the “Military Option” for Funding Dental School, Clinical Training Benefits of the Navy and Much More!
- Episode 33 – Dr. Andrew Matta, Chief Medical Officer & Founding Partner of the North American Dental Group
- Episode 32 – Dr. Mark Costes on the Importance of Systems in Dental Practices and Much More!
- Episode 31 – Dr. Todd Fleischman on the Importance of Mentoring and Networking for Dentists
- Episode 30 – The Dental Amigos Talk About Letters of Intent in Dental Practice Transitions
- Episode 29 – Frank King, “The Mental Health Comedian” (Part of the Dentist Well-Being Series)
- Episode 28 – Drew Byrnes on “Keeping the Faith” with a Fee-for-Service Business Model
- Episode 27 – Jayme Amos on “Vision” and Fulfillment in Start-up Practices (Part of the Dentist Well-Being Series)
- Episode 26 – The Dental Amigos Talk About Seller Financing
- Episode 25 – Dr. Erin Elliott on Implementing Sleep Medicine in a Dental Practice and More
- Episode 24 – Dr. Desiree Yazdan on Authentic Social Media Marketing and the Stresses of Dental Practice Ownership
- Episode 23 – Dr. David Maconi on General Practice Residencies